Acupuncture Treatments stimulate and influence circulation throughout the body, including the body’s electrical currents, nervous system, and pain receptors. Get the energy flowing through your body with Acupuncture in Waterloo.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Today’s modern Acupuncture Treatments come from practices found in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In Traditional Chinese Medicine, it is believed that energy—referred to as Qi (pronounced chee)—constantly flows throughout the body through pathways, referred to as meridians. If the meridians are blocked, Qi can not reach areas of the body which results in pain and illnesses.
In modern practices, Acupuncture works in a similar way. Here are some of the ways Acupuncture Treatments help the body:
- Acupuncture stimulates the release of pain-relieving endorphins from the nervous system to the brain
- Acupuncture with Electric Pulses influences the electrical currents of the body and clears up areas that have poor circulation
- Acupuncture affects the release of neurotransmitters, which are substances that transmit nerve impulses to the brain, making connections easier
- Acupuncture stimulates the circulation of blood for those with poor circulation
- Acupuncture influences the autonomic nervous system and helps with heart rate, anxiety, and respiration amongst other organ benefits
Let LiveWell Waterloo help you treat conditions with Acupuncture
Because Acupuncture works throughout the body, a wide variety of conditions can be treated with Acupuncture Treatments. Wherever you have pain or illness-related problems, there is a pathway that leads to the area which can be targeted through Acupuncture. Some of the common reasons people seek Acupuncture Treatments at our Waterloo rehab centre include:
- Relief from Migraines and Headaches
- Pain Management of the Sciatica
- Management of Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Trigeminal Neuralgia and Fibromyalgia
- Management of Balance Problems including Meniere's Disease
- Lower Back Pain Management
- Relief from Sinusitis
- Aiding Weight Loss
- Relief and Management of Menstrual Cramps
- Treatment of airway problems, such as Asthma
- Pain from Injuries, Strains and Sprains
- Inflammation Management for Tennis Elbow and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome